Wednesday, April 21, 2010

a truly great friend: chapter one

(driving around in Hillcrest)

Faith Zimmerman is one of the most bedazzling, addicting people I’ve ever met. We met when she was a freshman in college, and I was a sophomore. I was instantly drawn to her quiet confidence and disarming, slightly shy smile. Little did I know that when this native Chicagan walked into “The Politics of Race, Class, and Gender,” she would soon become one of my truest friends. 
Faith gave me the greatest, most permanent, most unwrappable birthday present for my 21st: a tattoo. 
(Pacific Beach, San Diego)

She has killer taste in literature, poetry, and music. She is a terrible driver. Her eyes completely crinkle close when she laughs. It’s contagious. 
Faith is always down to do ANYTHING - wandering the streets with you (I’m thinking of Seattle), grabbing breakfast, making cookies, talking and listening and advising and sympathizing, stubbornly insisting that the taxi driver take us through the drive through of Santana’s, dancing all night, shopping, lounging on the beach, driving around just to listen to music with the windows down. I can’t think of anything I’d suggest to her that she’d turn down. 

(balcony bonfire)

I’ve seen Faith stay the same in a good way: she’s always known who she is and who she wants to be. I’ve seen her change in a good way: she has become one of the most on fire women of God and is able to encourage and give sound counsel. 

(Seattle Library)
Her eyes are a color I like to call “arctic blue,” and they will melt you through and through. She has killer style and happily shares her wardrobe, makeup and hair tips. Don’t even get me started on her hair - it’s more than a slight obsession of mine - always a different color, and each one looks equally good on her. 


Faith writes sincere notes and leaves them for you just because. This girl is beyond trustworthy and one of the most consistent, loyal friends I’ve ever had. Many a person has bestowed the title of “best friend” to Faith.
Faith, I love you to pieces. My dream is to someday soon be able to live right down the hall from you again. 

Death Cab for Cutie Show - San Diego

1 comment:

About Me


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones